Saturday 16 October 2021

Oh Deer!

Over the years I took thousands of wildlife photos, especially during my years in Oregon. While going through some of my collections, I pulled out a series of deer photos. While hunters shoot them with a bow and arrow or with their rifles, I shoot them with my camera, and then share them with the rest of the world, as I’m doing right now. These were taken between Baker City and Halfway, during my weekly mission trips, probably between 2007 and 2013. When people ask me how am I able to get them looking at me so obediently, I tell them trick that I use. When I see a bunch of deer in a field, I park my car next to it, and stay inside. Then I roll down the window slowly, prepare my camera, frame them focus and ready to shoot. Then I beep the horn and Click! As soon as they hear the beep, they all look up towards the car. That’s how they’re always looking at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment