Thursday 13 December 2018

Centennial Christmas Tree

Adding the last minute touches to the Cathedral Centennial Tree.
10 years ago, the Baker City Cathedral, where I was the pastor for 8 years, celebrated 100 years since its construction. An annual event held during the Christmas Season is the Festival of Trees where various groups decorate trees with a specific theme and then auction them off. So I decided 10 years ago to create a tree with the Centennial theme, basically a collection of photos from the past 100 years, besides other appropriate ornaments. 
So, to celebrate 110 years, here are 3 photos from that historic event. I also created a little presepio to go along with the tree. When the auction was over, whoever won that tree gave it back to me, and I kept decorating it in the parish Rectory every year after 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment