Sunday 7 October 2018

The Diocesan Rosary

On this feast of Our Lady of the Rosary, which the church celebrates on October 7th each year, I like to share with you the method of saying the Diocesan Rosary, an idea which I devised and which I shared with the Malta Bishops, one of whom suggested it to his priests. Before each Hail Mary, I mention the name of one or usually two parishes in Malta and Gozo. A few of the Hail Maries are dedicated to various Diocesan organizations, like the Chancery, Cathedral, Seminaries, Hospitals, Nursing homes, Sisters, University, other religious organizations, etc. All 50 Hail Maries have a special dedication, and this connects the people gathered with a previous town or village they lived in. I am trying to promote this Diocesan Rosary as much as possible, especially since it takes just 2 to 3 extra minutes to recite, but it brings together the entire Diocese and all the parishes become closely connected. I use it on the First Friday of each month at my Hilltop Gardens chapel, and since I have also recorded it on my IPad, I use it often on my own. It can certainly be adopted for each Diocese in the world, or local communities, changing the names of parishes to other special groups they like to include. It can also be adapted to include family members, each Hail Mary dedicated to siblings, parents, grandparents, cousins, and aunts, up to 50. I am also planning to do a Rosary dedicated to all the residents and members who attend my chapel, a Hail Mary for those who are present for the Rosary and Mass. Or even dedicated to their deceased loved ones. They will sign in their names, 50 in all, a day or two earlier. Pray the Rosary!

No comments:

Post a Comment