Thursday 25 October 2018

New York autumn 35 years ago

My parents had visited me in New York a few times especially in the 1980s, and they really enjoyed the fall or autumn atmosphere with the foliage color change, visiting stores preparing for Christmas, pumpkin patches, and just admiring the decorations set up for Halloween and the fall season, which quickly gives way to the festive Christmas season. They made many friends with whom they kept in touch over the years, and faithfully sent Christmas Cards to each of them, which they reciprocated. 
As we approach the month of November, we remember them and their friends as I offer Masses for them. With the many Masses I am celebrating daily, twice and three times a day, I realize now that God wants me to celebrate beautiful Masses for the people, and make them appreciate the beauty of the Catholic Mass, with a brief daily homily, some background music during Communion, a pertinent prayer as a thanksgiving reflection, and creating a spiritual spirit in every church and chapel. Christ is alive and well wherever his people meet to pray and worship.
With Mickey and Minnie and friends

Parents with my sister Josephine

No comments:

Post a Comment