Thursday 8 June 2017

Well-attended talk

Two-thirds of a page in the TIMES OF MALTA about my talk.
Yesterday and today I presented a talk at Hilltop Gardens about my 35 year experience working in various parishes, in New York and Oregon. The talk was presented twice for a standing room only crowd of residents and visitors from outside. The first half of my PowerPoint presentation consisted of an overview of my work with parishioners, youth and children in 7 parishes between 1981 and 2016. The second half was a collection of wildlife, scenic and nature photos I took, mostly in the state of Oregon. I had made various announcements at the chapel, and I knew people would respond, but never expected such an overwhelming crowd. I also had sent a note about the talk to the local newspaper ‘Times of Malta,’ with the hope they would print my note on a Sunday, but it was not printed, thinking it would have been overlooked with more important news about the local elections. But then yesterday, my note appeared covering two-thirds of a page, and included 4 photos which I had sent along with m e-mail. So I was more than surprised to see this page dedicated to my talk, and so more people showed up, and were delighted they did.
One of the photos reproduced in better quality, taken in Baker City 2009.

1 comment:

  1. Bravo! Your presentations were always so interesting and well attended in your Oregon parishes whenever you held them. You are missed...

    ReplyDelete