Thursday 15 June 2017

Reviewing 40 years - part 2

At St Anthony of Padua, Rocky Point, NY
I stayed at Holy Spirit New Hyde Park until the summer of 1991, when I was transferred to St Anthony of Padua parish in Rocky Point, where I spent 5 glorious years, working with children, the youth and enjoying some country living, because the parish was further out on Long Island in a rural area, even close to a beach, where I even led some summer prayer services. I led there many children’s Masses which were very much appreciated and looked forward to by everyone, children as well as adults.
After one of the many baptisms of the Palasek family at Rocky Point.
In Home Retreat Group in Rocky Point, NY
In 1996 I moved to Holy Family parish in Hicksville, again with a large school in more urban surroundings. In 1998, I moved to Pleasant Valley in Dutchess County where I served for 4 years, even helping in a renovation in our church. I remember the pastor there greeting me with ‘Nothing much happens here......’ At which point I realized he needed a pastoral spark-plug and the parish revived itself within a few months, with various parish choirs, children involved in all kinds of sports and religion classes, and in a rural setting, with more snow than I’ve ever experienced.
Holy Family parish in Hicksville, Long Island.
At St Stanislaus Kostka parish, Pleasant Valley, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment