I will take you today to experience what life was like exactly 25 years ago in 2001. In my parish of St Stanislaus Kostka in Pleasant Valley, New York, we just went through Labor Day with a typical local parade which included children in colorful costumes, marching bands from the local High School, horses and ponies, plenty of trucks and fire-engines and some personalities who were honored for their work and contribution in our local quiet suburban town. Our parish Youth Club and Catholic Youth Organization members also took part. The day ended with some bar-b-cues as people wished each other a happy holiday, ready to start another scholastic year within a few hours on the morning of September 11. But by 8:45 AM on that sunny morning, our world would turn upside down with a horrendous terrorist attack that would take the life of 3000 people, besides causing devastation in Manhattan and the incredible and unfathomable collapse of both Twin Towers. I will write more on tomorrow’s post as I was in the midst of this cataclysmic event, even having to report to a radio station in my home country of Malta for the following 5 months about the aftermath. These photos were ones I took before this day on occasional visits to the World Trade Center.
Thursday, 10 September 2026
September 10, 2001
I will take you today to experience what life was like exactly 25 years ago in 2001. In my parish of St Stanislaus Kostka in Pleasant Valley, New York, we just went through Labor Day with a typical local parade which included children in colorful costumes, marching bands from the local High School, horses and ponies, plenty of trucks and fire-engines and some personalities who were honored for their work and contribution in our local quiet suburban town. Our parish Youth Club and Catholic Youth Organization members also took part. The day ended with some bar-b-cues as people wished each other a happy holiday, ready to start another scholastic year within a few hours on the morning of September 11. But by 8:45 AM on that sunny morning, our world would turn upside down with a horrendous terrorist attack that would take the life of 3000 people, besides causing devastation in Manhattan and the incredible and unfathomable collapse of both Twin Towers. I will write more on tomorrow’s post as I was in the midst of this cataclysmic event, even having to report to a radio station in my home country of Malta for the following 5 months about the aftermath. These photos were ones I took before this day on occasional visits to the World Trade Center.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment