Saturday 30 March 2024

Stations at the Colosseo

Yesterday at the Colosseo in Rome, the traditional Stations of the Cross were held, this time written by Pope Francis himself. Since he had a busy and tiring schedule this week he was not present but followed everything from his apartment at Casa Santa Marta. These reflections were very spiritual, filled with food for thought and meditation. I share with you today just a section of the 12th station, reflecting on the conversion of St Dismas, the good thief:

Lord Jesus, You turn the cross, the emblem of torture, into the very icon of love. You make the wall of death a bridge to life. You turn darkness into light, division into fellowship, sorrow into dancing. You even turn the tomb, the last outpost of life, into a doorway of hope. All these reversals you bring about in union with us, and never without us. 'Jesus, remember me!' This heartfelt prayer was all it took to work a miracle in the life of that criminal. Such is the amazing power of prayer. At times, I may feel that my prayers go unheard, yet what is most important is to persevere, to persist, to keep saying to you: “Jesus, remember me!” If you remember me, my evil will no longer be an endpoint but a new beginning. Remember me: welcome me once more into your heart, even when I stray, when I lose my way in the tumult of life. Remember me, Jesus, for to be remembered by you — as the Good Thief shows us — is to enter into paradise. Above all, remind me, Jesus, that my prayer can change the course of history.

Let us pray together and say: Jesus, remember me.

When hope fades and disappointment reigns, Jesus, remember me.

When I am powerless to make a decision, Jesus, remember me.

When I lose faith in myself and in others, Jesus, remember me.

When I lose sight of the immensity of your love, Jesus, remember me.

When I think that all my prayers are fruitless, Jesus, remember me.

If you like to read the text of all the stations, find them here:

https://www.ncregister.com/news/pope-francis-via-crucis-2024-full-text

No comments:

Post a Comment