Tuesday 6 February 2024

The Worker’s Pledge

Would that all workers be honest in their contribution at what they do. Maybe this brief pledge can encourage more workers to give 100% of their genuine efforts at work. Washington Gladden (1836-1918), an American pastor, and founder of the Social Gospel Movement wrote the Worker’s Pledge for all workers: ‘I don’t want to be a sponge or a parasite, but I want to give my share equivalent to what I get paid for. I don’t want money unless I worked very hard for them. If I end up working for a company or institution, I want to give complete service and generous contribution to what I’m asked to do. If I work for my country or even my own town or village, I have to give my full effort, in the most efficient and conscientious way. If  I can give a little more than what I received, then I’ll be the happiest person on earth.’

No comments:

Post a Comment