Sunday 1 October 2023

The right example

Martin Luther King, Jesus and Mahatma Gandhi

They asked the Soviet Premier Boris Yeltsin where did he get the courage to take it against the communist forces that wanted to bring communism back to the Soviet Union. He said ’I got it from Lech Walesa of Poland. He too was a simple dockyard worker in Gdansk and got the people around him to go against Jaruzelski. If he was able to do it, so can I!’ Then they asked Walesa where he found the courage to lead his people. He said ‘I got inspired by Martin Luther King, because he single-handedly took it against the Government to defend the colored people who were being mistreated until the end of the 1960s. And Martin took the road of love, forgiveness, persuasion and sound reasoning.' Then they asked Martin Luther King where he got the courage, and his answer was ‘I found it in my hero Gandhi, who took it against the British without one soldier and without any armaments. He fought alone the fight for freedom for his people.’ And when they finally asked Gandhi where he got the courage to go against the British rulers on the other side of the earth, he said ‘I got my courage from Jesus Christ, who taught me there is a greater force in forgiveness than there is in vengeance.’

No comments:

Post a Comment