Monday 4 September 2023

Just a teacher

Today I was a Nurse binding a hurt with the white bandage of compassion,
a Doctor healing a small broken world,
a Surgeon suturing a friendship together.
 
Today I was an Alchemist seeking gold in base metals,
a Scientist answering endless whys,
a Philosopher pondering elusive truths.
 
Today I was an Entertainer, refreshing young minds with laughter,
a Fisherman dangling learning as a bait,
a Pilot guiding youth away from ignorance.
 
Today I was a General campaigning against intolerance,
a Lawyer speaking out for brotherhood,
a Juror weighing right and wrong,
 
Today I was a Philanthropist sharing the might of the past,
a Mother wholly giving love,
a Priest giving hope and sharing faith to those who have lost them,
a humble Follower of truth.
 
I am just a Teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment