Tuesday 29 August 2023

The Canadian Rockies

Moraine Lake, Alberta, Canada

One of the most spectacular places on earth is Jasper National Park, the area around Banff in Alberta, Canada. I tried to get there in late August 2011, but I was unlucky as I found lots of clouds and could not see the peaks of the Rockies. I enjoyed my drive nonetheless taking plenty of photos along the way. When I discovered a cloudy sky, I headed south towards Glacier National Park in Montana, and back to Idaho, and to my parish in Baker City, Oregon. 

Julian and Caroline on Lake Louise
However what I missed in my trip, I enjoyed watching some photos which my nephew Julian and his wife Caroline took on a recent trip there. Here are just two photos from their collection. They were in the Banff area, and visited among others Bow Valley, Lake Minnewanka, Moraine Lake and Mirror Lake. Like myself they must have been mesmerized by lakes and mountains, of which we don’t have in Malta.

No comments:

Post a Comment