Monday 7 August 2023

A hug to Pope Francis

                    
As the World Youth Day ends and everyone returns back to their home countries, who knows how many touching stories will be told from now on. How the Pope touched so many young lives. How many would return back to the church. How many vocations will stem from this unique encounter with the Vicar of Christ. Well, back in 2013, when Pope Francis was just a few months into his reign, he went to Rio in Brazil for his first World Youth Day. A young boy, Nathan de Brito, 9 years old was able to sneak out of the security and somehow got close to the Pope and gave him a big hug. The Pope said to him, ‘My son, I love you.’ Nathan said afterwards, ‘at the moment I met the Pope and I was able to hug him, I felt the great love God has for me.’ As a young boy, like many other Catholic boys, Nathan played church, as he attended Mass regularly, and often used to watch the Mass from the Vatican. He was also an altar-boy, loved catechism, and cherishes the day he received his First Holy Communion. Now Nathan is a seminarian, and hopes to be ordained a priest in a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment