Monday 23 January 2023

Four Inspirational stories

Today I asked my mentor – a very successful businessman in his 70s – what his top 3 tips are for success. He smiled and said, ‘Read something no one else is reading, think something no one else is thinking, and do something no one else is doing.’

I felt discouraged undertaking a major project. But my father told me, ‘Just go for it and give it a try! You don’t have to be professional to build a successful product. Amateurs started Google and Apple. Professionals built the Titanic.

Today I interviewed my grandmother for part of a research paper I’m working on for my Psychology class. When I asked her to define success in her own words, she said, ‘Success is when you look back at your life and the memories make you smile.’

Today, as my father, my brother and three sisters stood around my mother’s hospital bed, my mother uttered her last coherent words before she died. She simply said, ‘I feel so loved right now. We should have gotten together like this more often.’

No comments:

Post a Comment