Saturday 26 March 2022

Today I’ll make a promise.

Yes, you’ve read it right....today I am making a promise to see Jesus in every person I meet. Every person I love and every person I don’t like that much. Those I can’t stand, and those I don’t see eye to eye with. Yes, it’s gonna be difficult, but it’s not impossible. It is possible because He is going to be with me. He will lead me and guide me. He will show me the way. It’s not impossible because in them I will see Him. I will not visualize them as rich or wealthy, poor or needy. I will look at people from a different perspective, using a different lens from what I’ve been using so far. No longer the lens of prejudice, but the lens of love, empathy, compassion. Today I will make a promise that the color of the skin or religion or social status will condition my perspective on life. They will no longer tell me who to talk to and who to avoid, who to keep as friends and who to ignore. A good heart does not have color or race or economic status. I am making a promise today that I will not gossip, and hurt others by nasty comments. I will not bully anyone, invent stories about people, create lies that will damage people’s reputation. Today I will tell the truth always, especially to praise others to say a good word, to bite my tongue when a harsh word is ready to come out of it. Today I am making an important promise, and to keep it and pass it on to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment