Monday 8 March 2021

The Women in my life

My mother and two sisters in 1952.

In honor of Women’s Day celebrated today all  round the world, I give tribute to all the women that somehow have influenced my life throughout the years.

I start with my mother and sisters who took care of me as a child, nurtured my spirit over the years, my mother presently watching over me from heaven, and my sisters still taking care of my well-being, through food, clothing, safety and frequent contacts.

I remember all my aunts, my sister-in-laws, cousins and other childhood and teenage friends.

I honor all the teachers who taught me over the years, from Sister Ubaldina in my kindergarten, to Miss Buttiġieġ, Miss Gauci, and others in my primary education.

I remember the many sisters that fed us in our Seminary years, as well as the many cooks who fed me in various Rectories, especially in New York, because in Oregon I cooked for myself.

I thank all the sacristans that helped me in various churches, the Eucharistic Ministers who distributed communion, especially to the home-bound.

I thank the many lectors who shared the Word of God from the pulpit, as well the many little altar-servers who served hundreds of my Masses, especially in New York and Oregon parishes.

I cherish the friendships I had with so many families, who always treated me with kindness, admiration and appreciation, especially the many mothers who provided food and occasional dinners.

I honor today the various careers they had, from ranchers to housewives, from secretaries to school-teachers, from Religious Education catechists to dentists, from chefs to house-cleaners, from seamstresses to cowgirls.

I remember today the many brides I married over the years, as I continue to pray for their marriages and their husbands and children.

I remember the many female friends who have inspired me and who keep in contact with me from every corner of the world, especially New York, Oregon, England, Slovakia, those from Malta and Gozo, and all my e-mail contacts.

I thank all those women who regularly check my Blog and share it with others.

I honor today the many women I buried who are now in Heaven praying and watching over us all.

I pray for the many elderly residents I am presently taking care of spiritually in the retirement home.

I honor especially today the Blessed Mother, and many saints who have inspired me in my faith-journey, St. Therese, St. Gianna Beretta Molla, St. Mary Magdalen, St. Teresa of Calcutta, St. Cecilia, as well as the musician St. Elizabeth of the Trinity.

To all of them, my prayers and my gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment