Sunday 9 February 2020

The colors of the window

This is a prayer by Fr Gaston Lecleir, a priest serving in a parish in Belgium: Almighty God, you are offering me 365 pieces of multi-colored glass, so that I can create a beautiful stained-glass window. I look at the colors and remember various values. The red glasses remind me of love and my enthusiasm for life. The purple ones remind me of the sufferings and anxiety I feel. The green glass makes me think of my hopes while the pink ones remind me of my dreams. The grey and blue pieces remind me of my work and the projects I have planned for this year. The yellow and golden pieces of glass represent my creations, what I have to plan and create. The white glass represents my ordinary days, while the black ones remind me of those people who need to reach out to God and be more active in the church. The pieces are cemented together with the glue of faith. I ask you, Lord God, that my stained-glass window, when finished, will be lit by your everlasting Light from the inside. And then, those people I meet will recognize your presence in my humble masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment