Wednesday 19 June 2019

42nd Anniversary

This is a group photo from last year's anniversary Mass at my chapel.
Today I celebrate 42 years since my ordination to the priesthood. Over the past 30 hours, I spent time on retreat with my classmates, as we reminisced through the past years and recollected many happy memories, even though for many years I was far away from my classmates. Nonetheless, they always met every year to concelebrate together, not to mention the monthly meetings we have to update, learn, discuss and follow up on various teachings of the church. Today we will again concelebrate Mass at the Siggiewi parish church.
This is a prayer I love to share on this anniversary, written by a French Dominican priest, Lacordaire:
To live in the midst of the world, without desiring its pleasures.
To be a member of each family, yet belonging to none.
To share all sufferings, to heal all wounds.
To penetrate all secrets, without being curious.
To go from men to God and offer Him their prayers.
To return from God to men, to bring pardon, hope and peace.
To have a heart of gold for charity, and a heart of bronze for chastity
To teach, to listen, to forgive. To lead, to console, to bless always.
This is your life, o priest of Christ.                   

No comments:

Post a Comment