Thursday 2 May 2019

Tools blessing

As has become customary now, on the feast of St Joseph the Worker, I invite my parishioners to bring along the tools and equipment they use in their work. Since most of them are retired, they don’t own any tools, but some bring the fruits of their labors and hobbies. Among the items brought yesterday were knitting equipment, a calculator, kitchen tools, a miniature car, cutting and splicing tools, a banner made from unusual fabric, a coffee cup, an Infant of Prague with ganutell, a figurine with pearls, and a hammer, pliers, and knife. There was also a Legion of Mary prayer-book, a bottle-opener from the Malta Drydocks years, and my own watercolor painting tools, my camera as well as a copy of Il-Lehen, the Catholic newspaper in which I’ve been writing regularly for the past 33 years. The items were displayed on a table in front of the altar and blessed after being introduced.

No comments:

Post a Comment