Monday 14 January 2019

A prayer for those growing old

Father, help me to accept the lessening of my powers with realism and good humor. Keep me from self-pity, and remind me that age has not taken away my mission in life, but only altered it. Grant me a taste for the hidden beauties of creation, a continuing interest in Your world, and mine. Make me more patient with myself, more tolerant of the foibles of others, more outgoing with the timid and shy. Bestow on me a greater readiness for prayer, and a humble acceptance of suffering. Deepen my faith in Your unfailing truth, strengthen my hope that I will share in the joy of your Son’s resurrection, expand my love in Your Holy Spirit for all men and women – with whom I am destined to share the fellowship of the blessed for all eternity. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment