Sunday 20 February 2022

The Good and the Bad

                   
Two friends, Jimmy and Steven were walking in the desert. During their walk they had an argument, and Jimmy slapped Steven on his face. Without saying anything, Steven bent down and wrote on the sand: ‘Today, my best friend slapped me on my face.’ They kept walking and arrived near a small lake, where they took their clothes off and jumped in the water to cool themselves from the oppressive heat. At one moment Steven found himself in some difficulty and was drowning, but Jimmy was close by and saved him. When he recovered Steven found a huge rock and on it carved the words: ‘Today my best friend saved my life.’ Jimmy then turned to Steven and asked him; How come, when I hit you , you wrote on the sand, and when I saved you, you wrote on the rock?’ And Steven answered politely: ‘When someone hurts you, you write what happened on the sand, where the gusts of wind will erase them quickly.  But when someone does a kind deed, you have to write it on a rock, where no wind or even hurricane can ever erase it.’ Remember always to erase bad things that happen to you, but cherish the good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment