Thursday 24 February 2022

More animals posing

It's fascinating to see some animals who are usually wild, just pausing and almost smiling at my camera. These were all take in the state of Oregon in my travels, usually to reach my mission churches every weekend. The first one shows a bunch of deer posing, right across from the Rectory next to the Baker City Cathedral - yes, right in town. You normally meet them in the countryside, but once in a while, you will be surprised to see them literally in your back yard, as these were, resting and waiting for some food.

These were Clydesdale horses which I encountered in Idaho, as I was on one of my annual photo-sight-seeing trips. I found them in a field filled with hay, and as soon as Is topped my care and approached them, they all came towards me, literally fighting for attention, but I had nothing to offer them, except for a photo which I would share with the rest of the cyber world, as I'm doing right now.

Finally a group of alpacas in a farm where they peacefully were pasturing, both adults with their babies. They need to be sheared like sheep every now and then, and they are very friendly as you could tell from this photo. Alpacas are kept in herds that graze on the level heights of the Andes of Southern Peru, Western Bolivia, Ecuador and Northern Chile at an altitude of 3,500 to 5,000 metres (11,000 to 16,000 feet) above sea level. Alpacas are considerably smaller than llamas, and unlike llamas, they were not bred to be working animals but were bred specifically for their wool.

No comments:

Post a Comment