Saturday 23 March 2019

Church paintings

The main apse of the Luqa parish church.
It was fitting that some friends from Oregon alerted me that I did not post my daily post on time today. I was happy to find out that they check my blog regularly.  Of course, I did not forget and nothing happened to me, but as has been customary with me, every Saturday I try to discover a particular town or village in Malta, and today I ended up in the parish of Luqa, close to where the airport is located, and I was astounded by the beautiful paintings that were just unveiled recently. Here are just some of them, done by Paul Camilleri Cauchi, in the dome, and apse and part of the ceiling. The plan is for the entire ceiling to be done, but that will take a few more years to see it finished. In the meantime, enjoy these beautiful masterpieces that adorn the Luqa church, dedicated to Sant Andrew. (make sure to click on each photo to enlarge)
A section of the finished ceiling, showing St Andrew in heaven
A segment of the dome
The entire dome with the octagonal segments

1 comment:

  1. This post made me smile. When I checked this morning and didn't see your post, I was concerned. I thought if I didn't see one tomorrow, I would be emailing you. Always remember Father...you have friends and we watch out for you and care very much.

    Friends always,

    Heidi
    Baker City, OR

    ReplyDelete