Sunday 24 March 2019

A Mother’s prayer

Help me, Lord, to accept the limitations that plague us as human beings. I can’t foresee the future, I can’t totally remedy the past. Grant that I may do my best in the present and not expect total recognition of my effort. Guide my children, o Lord; let them see beyond the shortcomings to the love that I have for each of them. Give me a healthy respect for their independence and for this precarious stage of their growth and development. Assist me as I try to keep in focus my mission as a very human and limited mother who can give only what first I possess. Fill me with the humility I need to admit my mistakes and to learn from them. Give me the strength I need to forgive and grant me a sense of humor so that I can laugh at my blunders and share my life in that joy that comes from recognizing that only You are perfect. Only You can satisfy my expectations. Thank you, Lord, for making me a mother and for giving me children and teenagers to help me realize how I too need to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment