Wednesday 9 January 2019

Origami Christmas

I know that for many people, the Christmas season is over after the feast of the Epiphany, which was celebrated last Sunday. However, the official end is this Sunday, with the feast of the Baptism of Jesus. And so I would like to share with you another feature of Christmas past, and this shows a large origami Christmas tree set up in the Japan Airlines office and showroom in New York City. These photos were taken in the 1980s, but I’m sure you can still enjoy them today, as I did when I snapped these photos, back then, before the digital-age cameras. That is why the quality of the photos are not the best. 
The tree was covered with origami ornaments, done by children, folded meticulously and intricately and entered in a competition. The best ornaments were chosen out of thousands sent in, and they were displayed on the tree. I personally learned origami in the 1980s, and once you follow the directions, it’s pretty easy to create from simple to complicated creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment