Thursday 28 September 2017

An Appeal

I pray on my knees today in my chapel, asking for help. It’s a simple appeal to get more visitors to this blog. I’ve heard many people recently and over the years telling me how much they enjoy visiting my blog every day. I hope they keep checking it daily, as I place a post every day, ever since 2012 when I started blogging. There were a handful of days when I did not have access to the Internet and I could not post anything. But as you all know, I’ve been faithful to my mission of sharing some food for thought every day.
My appeal is very simple. May I ask each visitor to share this blog with at least one other person on your mailing list, or a dear friend, whom you think would appreciate this blog. And whenever someone writes to you in a surprising, unexpected way, let them know about the blog. There is always something inspirational which may surprise you. It could be a simple quote, a prayer, reflection, anecdote, life of a saint, interesting story, or one of the many photos with a message.
I appreciate your effort in this, and I will let you know in a few weeks if I find an increase in the visits. Presently I am getting an average of 100 visits daily. My hope is that we can double that number. Just this past week, I got these visitors from these countries: USA – 297, Malta – 172, Armenia – 25, Spain – 10, Germany – 7, Portugal – 7, Brazil – 6, Ukraine – 5, Philippines – 4 and Pakistan – 4. Plus many others.
I personally do not use Facebook, but when someone shares the address of my blog through Facebook, the number of visitors at least triples itself. So anyway you can share the address will be helpful. Let them know that scrolling down on the right hand side, you can click on Older Posts, and feast yourself with much more food for thought. My old blog from the USA is still active, and there are over 1500 posts there to feast on at this address:   www.fatherjulian.blogspot.com

This blog already has 520 posts, and counting. I thank you for visiting, for sharing and for appreciating Dun Giljan's blog.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Fr. Julian--your mission and appeal are noted!
    Get ready for lots more hits on your Blog. Can't start my day without the hope of reading and sharing you daily!
    One of our Bible class participants is today joining a cruise and one of the first stops in MALTA!

    La Quinta Lady (formerly of Bend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We check it out all the time and I will share! God bless you Father Julian!

    ReplyDelete