Wednesday 14 December 2016

The Birth of Jesus

This is a beautiful reflection on the humanity of Jesus - emphasized by this picture, which is a sculpture done by a young Maltese artist, Adonai Camilleri Cauchi. He is the son and nephew of famous artists and sculptors, Michael and Paul, from the island of Gozo, the sister island of Malta. Notice the newborn baby is obviously naked with the umbilical chord still attached, and crying, to show that Jesus was born like each and every one of us, weak, vulnerable, and helpless. Please enlarge the photo to appreciate it even more.
I was born naked, so that you can learn to strip from your egoism.
I born poor, so that you can see me as your only purpose in life.
I was born in a manger, so that you can learn to sanctify every environment where you live.
I was born weak, so that you won’t be afraid of me.
I was born with a lot of love, so that you will never doubt my love for you.
I was born at night, so that you will believe that I will enlighten your darkness.
I was born as a man, so that you will become a God.
I was born persecuted, so that you will accept every difficulty.
I was born in simplicity, so that you won’t grow up to be too complicated.
And I was born into your life, so that I can lead everyone into my Father’s house.

1 comment:

  1. What a marvelous sculpture! Such a captivating interpretation of the humanity of Jesus and Mary. Malta is privileged to be the home of so many talented artists and sculptors including the Maltese Nativity at the Vatican, as shown in your earlier post...

    ReplyDelete