Saturday 24 December 2016

Christmas Cards in 3D

In one of the many exhibitions going on in Malta, I came across a display of traditional and vintage Christmas cards reproduced in watercolors in a 3D format. They were all placed in a square box with each scene having 4 to 5 layers at different spacing, to create a 3D effect. 
The artist George Apap next to some of his 3D Christmas Cards
The artist is George Apap and he happened to be there when I was visiting. These are just 3 of the 30 Cards reproduced. Since I've been dong watercolors myself, I was mesmerized by the intricacy and detail of the work produced. If anyone is interested to see more, please send me an e-mail at dungiljan@gmail.com and I will be happy to send a copy of the others. A Blessed Christmas to all visitors of this blog.
Boy and girl reading the Christmas story
The traditional Christmas sermon delivered by an altar-boy

No comments:

Post a Comment