Monday 26 December 2016

Family Nativity - 50 years apart

A miniature presepio I created, with some of my watercolors in the background.
It was very nostalgic and heart-warming opening the Nativity set my father used for many years during our childhood. I created a small presepio with a few of the characters that I remember from my childhood years. Luckily I have just one old faded photo of the presepio my father used to set up until the 1980s. 
My father's presepio from the early 1970s
This was a slide I took probably in the early 1970s, but one can see the entire town of Bethlehem as my father designed it and planned it every year. He used to meticulously use brown paper with glue to set the rugged terrain, with the cave of Bethlehem right in the middle. The characters included a fisherman, a hunter, lots of shepherds, sheep, besides the main characters of the nativity story and the animals surrounding the manger. More nativity and presepios from Malta to appear all through this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment