Sunday 27 November 2016

I remember so well.....

Kathleen in the part of the Blessed Mother
Priests have many memories they encounter in their lives as priests. Funny situations, anecdotes and stories I’d like to share with you today. These happened to me in my years in New York..........
I remember little Kathleen who was so proud when she was chosen to take part in the school Christmas play. When I asked her what part she received, she just couldn’t talk. She kept smiling and giggling and smiling more, almost turning red, until I forced it out of her . . “I have the part of Mary !”

I remember a Kindergarten child coming to me one day, telling me his mom was going to have a baby. Then three days later, he came back with a sad look on his face. “Father Julian, remember I told you my mom’s gonna have a baby – well forget it! She ate it!”

I remember visiting a family one day, and little Jonathan came to the door dressed in a suit and a tie. I felt embarrassed and thought that I had the wrong date, as I thought they were going out. “Oh no !” I was reassured  by his mother, “He wanted to dress up, because you were coming to visit us.”

I remember visiting a family on Christmas Day to have Dinner with them. I told them I’ll be there around 4 PM. When I arrived I was a little late, and as soon as I rang the door bell, little Matthew came to open the door and greeted with these famous words: “Happy Christmas Father Julian, but you’re 19 minutes late !”

No comments:

Post a Comment