Sunday 9 October 2016

Being Grateful

As we read this weekend the Gospel of the healing of the ten lepers, with only one returning to thank Jesus, I am reminded as always to be grateful for so many blessings I received in my life.
For almost 40 years of priesthood which I shared with people all around the globe, but mostly Malta and the USA.
For my parents whose love I try to reciprocate with everyone I meet, and for my family for their support all through my life.
For my IPad, which is now my life-saver in just about everything I do, write, and communicate with friends, besides having my homily notes, also to save paper.
For the beauty of art, for the gift of photography, and the blessings of the Internet and WiFi, as well as the copy-and-paste buttons.
For the memory of all the churches I served in, in Malta, New York and Oregon, and for the present chapel I celebrate in, bursting to the seams with people attending.
And for the opportunity to keep this blog running, and for e-mails, of which I am getting less, but am always grateful to receive them.

1 comment:

  1. We are ALL so grateful to you for sharing your wonderful blogs, which as you know go all over the world, thanks to emails! So a big Thank YOU! Father, can you tell us in one of your blogs how to email you directly? For some reason clicking on your name at the bottom of your blog, then on "email," doesn't work for me. Would love to email you often.

    ReplyDelete