Wednesday 21 December 2022

New York Christmas decorations

Over the next three days, I will share with you how I’ve seen decorations change, improve and sparkle in the places where I served. Today I focus on my years on Long Island in New York, where people literally went overboard with lights on their front lawns. Some households would compete against each other in adding more and more symbols with lights, Santa Claus, reindeers, snowmen, angels, cartoon characters, elves, and always the Nativity in a stable. Some of the neighbors would object as they would have a whole month of people stopping by, parking in front of their houses, and a continuous flow of people stopping by, especially from 5 PM when it got dark till the early hours of the morning. This would go on from Thanksgiving Day, in late November until at least January 6. 

No comments:

Post a Comment