Tuesday 5 May 2020

Watercolors and Calligraphy

Please do click on each photo to enlarge
I continue today sharing some of my recent projects I did in watercolors with a touch of calligraphy. Both of these talents are self-taught, and yet the final product is something that many people admire and appreciate. I started playing with calligraphy back in the 1980s, and over the years I did thousands of certificates in various parishes I served, and did many quotes, prayers, and other inscriptions, which many people framed. I picked up watercoloring as a hobby in 2009, and over the past 11 years, I practiced and doodled while trying different styles. Then this year I decided to try combining the two together, and here are some of my early works.
The idea is to connect the theme of the quote with the background and corresponding artwork. The full process is to write the quote first on a separate piece of paper to see how it looks, and how it can be centered in the final artwork. Then I create the scene, leaving enough space for the quote to fit. Of course, if I make a mistake, I just toss the paper and start again, but so far, being always cautious, careful, and patient, everything came out pretty good so far. So enjoy these photos of my artwork, and share them with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment