Sunday 3 March 2024

Your sins....my sins

The French author Henri Barbusse (1874-1935) writes about the many conversions he witnessed during World War I. One of the soldiers who knew he would not live any longer, turned to his friend and told him ‘my friend, I know you have lived a terrible life. The police will soon be looking for you. My name is clean, so why don’t you take my wallet, all my papers of good conduct, take my own identity and give me yours. Take my life and I’ll take yours, this way you can live longer in peace with your family when the war is over. Then I can carry your failures into my own death.’ This reminds me how Jesus took upon himself our own sins, so that we can all be saved.

1 comment:

  1. โปรโมชั่น pg slot มากมาย เล่นง่ายจ่ายจริง แตกจริง ต้อง pg slot เท่านั้น! เล่นสล็อต พีจีสล็อต เว็บไซต์ตรงผู้ให้บริการเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ชั้นหนึ่ง ทกลอง เล่น ฟรี พร้อมโบนัส

    ReplyDelete