Saturday 23 March 2024

Praying for the Royal Family

It’s appropriate to offer prayers today for the Royal Family as the news was revealed that after King Charles was undergoing treatment for cancer, even Princess Kate is now receiving chemotherapy for a cancer diagnosis. We pray for her young family as they adjust their lives, hopefully temporarily, until she regains her full health. We’ve all been affected by cancer, including my mother and sister, besides losing many friends in the USA and here in Malta from this illness. Our prayers continue relentlessly for the entire Royal family as they shuffle duties and important appointments as the King and Princess recover fully over the next  few months.  As she said in her message ‘It has been an incredibly tough couple of months for our entire family, but I’ve had a fantastic medical team who have taken great care of me, for which I am so grateful. Most importantly, it has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them, and to reassure them that I am going to be ok. Having William by my side is a great source of comfort and reassurance too. As is the love, support and kindness that has been shown by so many of you. It means so much to us both. We hope that you will understand that, as a family, we now need some time, space and privacy while I complete my treatment. At this time, I am also thinking of all those whose lives have been affected by cancer. For everyone facing this disease, in whatever form, please do not lose faith or hope. You are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment