Tuesday 30 January 2024

Sunset – Sunrise

Last sunset of the millennium Dec 31, 1999.

There is nothing spectacular about these two photos. I have many more beautiful photos of sunsets and sunrises I took all around the world, especially in Malta, New York and Oregon. But these are two historic photos, as they show the last sunset of the millennium on December 31, 1999, taken near a lake in Pleasant Valley, New York where I was stationed for 4 glorious years. The second one shows the first sunrise of the new millennium taken on the morning of January 1st, 2000, also near the same lake. 

First sunrise of the new millennium January 1, 2000.

I wish they were prettier, but that’s what God gave me on those two days. I wonder how many people can claim to have taken the same photos on the same days. I actually doubt how many people were awake at 6 AM to venture to see the sun rise. And most people were probably getting ready and dressed to go and celebrate the end of the millennium. So I’m glad I did take these two shots. I wonder if you can recall where you were on those two historic days!

No comments:

Post a Comment