Sunday 27 August 2023

Another year

Celebrating Mass at the Lourdes grotto on July 30, 2023

When we celebrate another birthday, not only the candles on the cake are getting heavier, but our responsibility to give a good example is getting heavier too. Looking back at the parishes I served in, I can see how many people have touched my life, as much as I touched theirs. I will never forget them, not only because of the many photos I have of them, but because they were really an important part of my formation, my maturity and my growth in the Lord. Along with my parents and family members, I thank them all today, and promise to continue praying for them and their children, many of whom I baptized and saw growing up. I hope they continue to respond to any emails I send – a simple way to connect with them from so far away. I especially want to thank all those who faithfully check my Blog, which has been running for close to 12 years now. Recently I’ve been getting over 300 hits daily, and I appreciate it when you forward the Blog address to any friends of yours. Even if you don’t check it every single day, do visit periodically and review the ones you’ve missed, because I assure you of a daily post, some food for thought, a prayer, a saint’s life, a photo with a message, or just an unusual story or anecdote. You are all in my prayers.

1 comment: