Monday 13 July 2020

Things that will never happen again

I refer today to two scenes which will probably never happen again. They both are photos I took in 1981 or 1982. The first one shows me on a large pile of snow, which I had plowed from the schoolyard at Holy Spirit Parish in New Hyde Park. I am there playing the flute, which of course I still do daily, but to see me again on a large amount of snow like that is impossible. Not only because I may never go back to the USA in the wintertime, but also because with the global warming, we will probably never see that amount of snow accumulated, unless you are close to the North Pole. 
The other photo I took on one of the Jumbo Jets flights to New York, when it was safe and acceptable to ask a stewardess if I could visit the cockpit, and say Hello to the pilot and co-pilot. They were always gracious and accommodating, answering all kinds of questions from me. I will search for more ‘never to happen again’ photos from my collection, and share them with you from time to time.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you can return to NHP again one of these winters. You were a treasure to our parish of Holy Spirit.

    ReplyDelete