Saturday 4 November 2017

Back to the 80s

Celebrating Mass at Holy Spirit parish, New Hyde Park, NY in 1988
A few days ago I showed you some photos from the late 1970s, a post entitled ‘Skinny Me.’ Now we move into the 1980s when I was in my earlier years in the USA, precisely at Holy Spirit parish in New Hyde Park, Long Island, New York. These are a few photos when I was putting on some weight, still riding a bicycle until I got my car license in 1984. 
With my first car, a Toyota Tercel
I spent 10 years in that parish where I worked with children, the youth, leading liturgies, visiting people, making a few long bike-trips, but it was also a time when I started with 5 other priests in that parish in 1981 and ended up with just 2 in 1991. But we’ll see some photos from the 1990s in a few weeks.
By Mount Killington, Vermont in 1983.
With my parents on their 40th anniversary in 1988.
With my medal after my first NYC Marathon in 1985.
Performing a wedding ceremony in Holy Spirit parish in 1985.
Playing the flute by Saranac Lake, NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment