Tuesday 2 May 2017

Blessing of tools

Tools and objects brought by parishioners for their blessing (click to enlarge)
Yesterday being the feast of St Joseph the worker, I invited my parishioners and residents at the Retirement Home to bring any tools and objects they use in their work. After my homily I blessed them and introduced each object to the interested and intrigued congregation, which as usual was packed inside the small chapel. The objects brought over were these, as you may notice them from right to left: an artists’ palette, two pots and cutlery, a box full of carving and sculpting tools used by a limestone craftsman, key-holder, an axe and a saw used by restoration workers, a pouch holding blood-testing equipment, baking and cooking spatulas, a bag of sewing paraphernalia, a pen used by a student going through exams right now, rosary beads, Legion of Mary prayer card, an IPad and a book, an apron, a diary, my watercolors and brushes, a copy of ‘Lehen is-Sewwa’ a Maltese newspaper in which I write twice a month, a basket full of chicken utensils and pots, an a lap-top in its case.

No comments:

Post a Comment