Monday 22 April 2024

Identical Twins

Joe on the left, and Fr John on the right

Continuing briefly on yesterday’s post of Fr John Heinlein, I have always been fascinated by identical twins and their incredible facial similarity. Twins always say how close they are to each other, in thought, in feeling and in response to each other’s state of mind. Whenever Fr John had his brother visit him at New Hyde Park, they always played tricks on people, occasionally Joe would dress up as a priest and Fr John will dress up as a cowboy, and nobody would tell them apart, as even their mannerisms were so identical. 

Anna on the left, and Maria on the right

Over the years my brother was dating an identical twin Maria, and since I didn’t seen them often as I was in the USA, every time I visited my family, it was impossible for me telling her apart from her sister Anna. Over the years I got used to their subtle differences, as you can see from this photo, but there was so much alike in their personalities. A third photo I share is that of twin girls who attend Mass at Naxxar parish, and again their facial similarity is so great that their grandfather who usually accompanies them, cannot tell them apart, unless they dress them differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment