Sunday 26 September 2021

Red Arrows

Yesterday and today the famous British Red Arrows will be giving a spectacular display in the skies above Malta. I share with you two photos I took yesterday, and two more I took a few years ago when they happen to be in Malta, probably sometimes in the 1980s. They were far from where I was, just finishing my 5 PM Mass and all I could take were two quick photos as they were descending at Luqa Airport around 6 PM. The Red Arrows, officially known as the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, is the aerobatics display team of the Royal Air Force based at Scampton, UK. The team was formed in late 1964 as an all-RAF team. In 1966, the team was increased to nine members, enabling them to develop their Diamond Nine formation. In late 1979, they switched to the BAE Hawk trainer. The Red Arrows have performed over 4,800 displays in 57 countries worldwide. The first two photos were from the 1980s display, and the last two are from yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment