Tuesday 20 October 2020

Procrastination? – No Way !

There is one word that does not show up in my personal dictionary. That is definitely ‘procrastination.’ Being late for something is a big mortal sin for me. On the other hand, I am obsessed with being on time, and finishing a project on time. Don’t call me obsessive or a punctuality freak. It’s just that I always like to be on time and help those who ask me for any assistance, right away. Of course, such a person expects everyone to be on time, and any procrastinator in his vicinity tends to irritate him. But I assure you that I’m not that extreme type of a person, but I respect and appreciate punctuality and promptness. I like to check my watch with Big Ben of the BBC, especially when starting Mass. If anyone asks me for an article, you are assured that you have it within 24 hours. If anyone asks me for a reference letter, you are guaranteed to have it in your in-box within a few hours. I am pretty fast in responding to e-mails, and honestly get annoyed when friends do not reciprocate, but I show patience because I understand they may be busy with other priorities. When I place my post in my blog, I do my utmost that it will be soon after 9:01 am, Malta time, so that in the USA (on the west coast), it will show the same date, since they are 9 hours after us. And anyone who asks me for a photo or some kind of reference about a book, a religion question, or other information, I go right away to the source and have it ready within a few hours. I am not saying I am perfect, but where punctuality and respect are concerned, I do my very best to oblige with consideration, politeness, and simple courtesy.

No comments:

Post a Comment