Tuesday 17 October 2023

Working with children

2014: Leading a foot-washing ceremony for children.

One of the areas which I enjoyed in my pastoral work over the years was working with children. I did create many initiatives and projects to involve children as well their families.  I always believed that when you give your attention to the children and the elderly, you’ll have many families get closer to you and the life of the church. Organizing children’s Masses was probably the highlight of my ministry. 

2000: Teaching nursery school children a song on my flute.

But also teaching them music, art and calligraphy in classes, helping them with banners for their First Holy Communion, leading the foot-washing ceremony on Holy Thursday, the Stations of the Cross, leading bike-safety trips, organizing all kinds of sports, teaching Religion in various classes, helping them create Christmas Nativities, teaching them songs with my flute, and on and on. These are just 4 photos of my work with children.

1983: Guiding some girl scouts on a bike-safety trip

2004: Leading a mock Baptism for children

1999: During a First Communion celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment