Wednesday 19 April 2023

Tulip Farm 15 years ago

My recollection today takes me to Mount Angel Abbey in Oregon where the priests of the Baker Diocese are doing their annual retreat. Close to the Abbey there is a spectacular tulip farm in the town of Monitor. So my nostalgic memories today take me to that splendid field where thousands of tulips are now in full bloom. Although I cannot be there to enjoy them in person, however my collection of photos let me share some of the photos I took on that day. The first time I was there in 2007, I was oblivious of the sun roasting my head, and forgetting to take a hat with me, I ended up with a severe heat stroke, as all the priests looked at me when I returned to the Abbey, and everyone was saying, 'what happened to your head?' It took me a whole week to recover, but the over 150 photos I took let me forget of any pain I felt on my head. (click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment