Thursday 26 January 2023

Oregonians in Malta

When I left Oregon in April of 2016, many families told me they would like one day to visit Malta, after seeing so many photos that I used to show them. In fact a couple I had married in 2013 visited Malta soon after I arrived and I took them around some landmarks. A music teacher from our parish in Bend also visited Malta soon after with her daughter, and met them on a few occasion while touring. And just yesterday, another newly-married couple was in Malta on their honeymoon, after also visiting Florence and Rome. So I met Caitlin Barreras and Lucas Bengston and took them around some churches in the capital city Valletta. Like every tourist or visitor, they were overwhelmed with the beauty of St. John’s Cathedral, built by the Knights of Malta between 1570 and 1585. I knew Caitlin and her family very well, and it was an honor for me welcoming them in my home country, hoping her parents Laura and Tom will one day follow in their footsteps, possibly with any of their other 4 children, a very devout family. Congratulations to Caitlin and Lucas on their marriage and for choosing Malta for their honeymoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment