Saturday 10 September 2022

Lady Diana's prayer

Staying with the Royal family, many people may not know that when Lady Diana visited Mother Teresa just a few weeks before they both died in 1997, she wrote a prayer which is very sincere and touching. You can see in this post both the original hand-written copy of Diana's prayer and the prayer transcribed here since it is not very legible, and also cropped up. The prayer is like a promise or resolution she made after encountering the living saint in her convent in the Bronx, NY.

I would be true for there are those who trust me.

I would be pure for there are those who care.

I would be strong for there is much to suffer.

I would be brave for there is much to dare.

I would be friend of all, the foe, the friendless.

I would be giving and forget the gift.

I would be humble, for I know my weakness.

I would look up and laugh and love and live!

No comments:

Post a Comment