Friday 30 September 2022

Fall Foliage

At this time of the year, my recollections go back to my time at St. Joseph's Abbey in Spencer, Massachusetts, where I spent a sabbatical with the Trappist monks in 2002. There I enjoyed living with them and working with them as I grew in faith and in appreciation of God's beauty in nature, especially as the fall season approaches. 

The trees at the Abbey turn yellow, orange and bright red, especially the maple trees which were abundant and well placed so that nature lovers could enjoy this annual spectacle which starts in early October and by early November all the leaves are gone, and often the ground would be covered with snow and solid ice in some areas. So, for today enjoy these tree photos I took 20 years ago, obviously before the digital age, and so the photos are not as sharp, but worth sharing, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment