Friday 1 July 2022

A changed wish

A woman gave birth to a son. Soon afterwards, an old man approached her and told her: “Ask whatever you wish, and I will give it to your son.” She responded simply by saying “I just wish that my son would be loved by everyone.” The old man said his magic words “Your wish will be granted!” And he disappeared, never to be seen again. The boy grew up happy because he was spoiled and everyone loved him and pampered him. However, he always felt an a little empty inside. When his mother eventually died, the old man reappeared and told the boy “ask whatever you wish and it will be granted to you.” The boy simply told him that his wish was to change the original request made by his mother when he was born. “I want to love everyone myself, instead of everyone focusing on helping and loving me.” The old man told the son “let it be done!” and disappeared. And the son felt much better and was filled with a sense of pure joy, as he helped others, loved everyone and became a constant inspiration to so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment