Tuesday 28 June 2022

A working week

Monday – Wash Day: Lord, help me wash away all my selfishness and vanity, so I may serve you with perfect humility through the week ahead of me.

Tuesday – Ironing Day: Dear Lord, help me iron out all the wrinkles of prejudice I have collected through the years so that I may see the beauty in others.

Wednesday – Mending Day: O God, help me mend my ways so I will not set a bad example for others, especially our children, who are copy-cats of all that we adults do.

Thursday – Cleaning Day: Lord, help me to dust out all the many faults I have been hiding in the secret corners of my heart.

Friday – Shopping Day: O God, give me the grace to shop wisely so I may purchase eternal happiness for myself and others in need of love.

Saturday – Cooking Day: Help me Lord, to brew a big kettle of brotherly Love and serve it with clean, sweet bread of human kindness.

Sunday – The Lord’s Day: O God, I have prepared my house for you. Please come into my heart so I may spend the day and the rest of my life in your presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment